Government of Alberta
Employment and Training Services Directory
This directory is a compilation of programs and services available in Alberta to assist with finding a job, receiving training, and adapting to the changing job market.
Calgary Employment Services Directory
“Supports for adult learners including English as a second language, adult literacy programs and continuing education.”
Adult Learning is divided into six programs:
- Academic upgrading if you are 20 or older
- Academic upgrading if you are under 20
- Adult language and literacy supports
- Community Adult Learning Program
- Continuing Education
- Going back to school as an adult
Apprenticeship & Industry Training
Alberta’s apprenticeship program combines on-the-job training (80%) and classroom instruction.
Apprentice & industry training costs can be supplemented by student loans, EI, grants, and scholarships.
Through Alberta Supports, Alberta residents can gain access to more than 30 programs and 120 services, including employment services.
Training for Work
Training for Work programs provide employment and training supports for Albertans “who are unemployed or marginally-employed and those on Employment Insurance (EI) and other income supports.” These programs include:
- Integrated Training – provides a “unique blend of occupation-related skills, work experience placements, employability and/or essential skills and applied academics and/or English as a Second Language.”
- Transition to Employment Services – provides one-one-one employment services which include job matching, short-term training courses and equipment required for the job.
Alberta alis is a compilation of resources aimed at helping people work through the emotional aspects and make the most of a career shift.