Organize an audience collection or a benefit performance
An audience collection is a fundraising appeal designed to ask audience members for individual donations for The AFC. Performers, FOH staff and volunteers can assist with the collection. Audience collections have proven to be a very successful way of raising money to support our community.
A theatre benefit is a regularly scheduled performance (donation of all or partial box office proceeds) or an additional performance, from which the proceeds are donated to The AFC. Holding a theatre benefit is a great way to raise money for entertainment professionals in need.
Organize a fundraiser in your workplace or social circle
As an organization that serves people working in a creative industry, we are often approached by people who want to hold unique do-it-yourself fundraisers. With some energy and a creative team, the possibilities are endless!
Some fundraising ideas:
- Hold a raffle, a 50/50 draw or an auction
- Ask your friends and family to donate to The AFC for your birthday, anniversary or other special occasion!
- Hold a community BBQ
- Organize a dinner fundraiser
- Put on a cabaret or variety show
- Hold a bake sale
- Hold a marathon like a dance-a-thon, walk-a-thon, bowl-a-thon or read-a-thon
- Host a tournament (usually involving a sport or game)
- Staged reading or rehearsal
- Pay-What-You-Can performance (PWYC)
- Yard/prop sale or recycling drive
- Donate all or partial proceeds from the sale of specific products to The AFC
- Fundraise on social media
Volunteering is a great way to show your support, and we often have opportunities for volunteers who want to help with special events and advocacy.
If you would like to get involved in supporting The AFC, please contact Kevin Hammond.