News & Events
Designated Sharing Time
Designated Sharing Time (DST) is a virtual meeting space to talk, vent, problem-solve, laugh, collaborate, cry, and feel the strength of others.
A global pandemic, loss of work, isolation from others, stress about money and health. This is a difficult time for many. At the same time, it can create opportunities to connect with other people in ways we could not have imagined a year ago. The AFC’s Designated Sharing Time is a virtual support drop-in for people who work in Canada’s entertainment industry.
DST is a safe space where you can:
- Meet new people who also work in and understand the entertainment industry;
- Explore what you are feeling in a safe, welcoming environment;
- Share ideas about how you or other people you know remain creative during this time.
DST is not:
- One-on-one counselling or therapy;
- A crisis support group (if you are in crisis and need help right away, please call 911 or go to your local hospital).
DST takes place bi-weekly on Thursdays at 1 pm (EST). Participants are not obligated to join every session.