News & Events
Designated Sharing Time
Designated Sharing Time (DST) is a virtual meeting space to talk, vent, problem-solve, laugh, collaborate, cry, and feel the strength of others.
A global pandemic, loss of work, isolation from others, stress about money and health. This is a difficult time for many. At the same time, it can create opportunities to connect with other people in ways we could not have imagined a year ago. The AFC’s Designated Sharing Time is a virtual support drop-in for people who work in Canada’s entertainment industry.
DST is a non-judgmental space where you can:
- Meet new people who also work in and understand the entertainment industry;
- Explore what you are feeling in a safe, welcoming environment;
- Share ideas about how you or other people you know remain creative during this time.
DST is not:
- One-on-one counselling or therapy;
- A crisis support group (if you are in crisis and need help right away, please call 911 or go to your local hospital).
Participants are not obligated to join every session.
The next DST is on Thursday, June 15, 2023, 1 – 2 pm (ET.)
Create your own fundraising event! Click here to learn more ›
Is someone you know in need? Learn how you can help ›
More from Sibel ›
“We need to help each other, if we can”
More from Craig ›
“The AFC was a blessing in a time of genuine need”