As an organization that serves people working in a creative industry, we are often approached by people who want to hold unique do-it-yourself fundraisers. With some energy and a creative team, the possibilities are endless!
The AFC can often provide assistance with the planning and execution of a fundraiser, as well as help to publicize it. If this type of assistance is required, please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help make your event a success.
Some fundraising ideas:
- Hold a raffle, a 50/50 draw or an auction
- Ask your friends and family to donate to The AFC for your birthday, anniversary or other special occasion!
- Hold a community BBQ
- Organize a dinner fundraiser
- Put on a cabaret or variety show
- Hold a bake sale
- Hold a marathon like a dance-a-thon, walk-a-thon, bowl-a-thon or read-a-thon
- Host a tournament (usually involving a sport or game)
- Staged reading or rehearsal
- Pay-What-You-Can performance (PWYC)
- Yard/prop sale or recycling drive
- Donate all or partial proceeds from the sale of specific product to The AFC
The possibilities are endless for our creative community!
The AFC believes by supporting the health and well-being of arts and entertainment professionals, the industry as a whole will benefit. In a sector in which employment can be unpredictable, it’s good to know that a caring community has your back.