We are helping Canadian film and TV workers in need of financial assistance due to the lack of work caused by industry strikes.
This assistance is provided within the framework of our general Emergency Financial Aid Program.
We are receiving a high number of applications right now. Please be patient – the current estimated time to get a decision on the application is four weeks.
Please read before applying:
- This program is for film and TV workers affected by industry strikes.
- This program provides a round of assistance of up to $1,800 to help with household bills and costs.
- This is not a replacement for lost income.
- This is not a loan – you don’t have to pay it back.
- This program is not meant to help pay back debt.
Who can apply:
- You can apply if you earn most of your income from entertainment industry work and have done so for at least 3 of the last 4 years.
- Please apply if you do not have enough money in the bank to meet your essential needs for the next 4-8 weeks.
- If you are able to cover your immediate bills, please do not apply at this time.
- Before applying, please explore other resources and avenues of support like EI, temporary work, family support, etc.
- If you have previously received significant support from The AFC, you may not be eligible for this assistance. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
- If you have previously received strike assistance and are currently facing eviction, foreclosure, or disconnection, you may be able to apply again. Please email us at email@example.com before applying.
How to apply:
- Download and complete this application form.
- Attach work history with earnings from your union or T4s from the last 4 years.
- Attach screenshot/s or statements of all bank account balances (all chequing, savings, and, if applicable, corporate accounts) to demonstrate urgent financial need.
- Attach a void cheque or direct deposit form.
- Send all of the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.