Work and life can truly feel like a juggling act in the entertainment industry. Many people experience uncertainty about career transitions, insecurities about doing non-industry work (even if it is fulfilling), feelings of guilt or grief after shifting away from the industry, and more. So let’s talk about it! Exploring the Juggling Act is a peer group where people can freely explore and evaluate their relationship with their industry.
We want to help industry workers maintain a passion for their craft while meeting personal goals in financial security, concurrent careers, family life and other areas. With so much external pressure and expectations, this process can be hard to go through alone or without perceived judgment.
Industry peers will facilitate the group discussions to help participants support each other to find healing, growth, and confidence in their individual juggling acts. The sessions will also include a social worker to offer mental wellness support and create a safer space for an open dialogue.
At the Exploring the Juggling Act group, you can:
- Meet new people who are also navigating their careers in the entertainment industry;
- Explore what you are feeling in a non-judgmental, welcoming environment;
- Share ideas and experiences about how you or other people can cut through the noise and find clarity about your unique path.
Exploring the Juggling Act group is not:
- One-on-one counselling or therapy;
- A crisis support group (if you are in crisis and need help right away, please call 911 or go to your local hospital).
Participants are not obligated to join every session. New dates are coming soon.